Paulo Coelho is a mega successful Brazilian writer of novels, his most famous being The Alchemist, which became a worldwide bestseller when an English translation was published in 1994.
It is currently the most translated book in the world by a living author.
However, not many people realise that The Alchemist was originally published by a small Brazilian publisher to the tune of 900 copies and that was it. They declined to reprint it.
But Paolo Coehlo didn't give up.
His next novel Brida piqued interest in his earlier work and The Alchemist was revived and took off. It then went on to sell 65 million copies worldwide.
Top 10 Paulo Coehlo Productivity Quotes
1. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.” Paulo Coehlo
2. “Be brave, take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” Paulo Coehlo
3. “You are what you believe yourself to be.” Paulo Coehlo
4. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” Paulo Coehlo
5. “A life without a cause is a life without effect.” Paulo Coehlo
6. “Fortunate are those who take the first steps.” Paulo Coehlo
7. “The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” Paulo Coehlo
8. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.” Paulo Coehlo
9. “Don’t allow your mind to tell your heart what to do. The mind gives up easily.” Paulo Coehlo
10. “The danger of an adventure is worth a thousand days of ease and comfort.” Paulo Coehlo
If you're feeling inspired and motivated by Paulo's quotes then you should check out our motivational posters which we guarantee will brighten up any wall of your home or office.