Paulo Coelho is a mega successful Brazilian writer of novels, his most famous being The Alchemist, which became a worldwide bestseller when an English translation was published in 1994.
It is currently the most translated book in the world by a living author.
However, not many people realise that The Alchemist was originally published by a small Brazilian publisher to the tune of 900 copies and that was it. They declined to reprint it.
But Paolo Coehlo didn't give up.
His next novel Brida piqued interest in his earlier work and The Alchemist was revived and took off. It then went on to sell 65 million copies worldwide.
Top 10 Paolo Coehlo Productivity Quotes
1. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.” Paolo Coehlo
2. “Be brave, take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” Paolo Coehlo
3. “You are what you believe yourself to be.” Paolo Coehlo
4. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” Paolo Coehlo
5. “A life without a cause is a life without effect.” Paolo Coehlo
6. “Fortunate are those who take the first steps.” Paolo Coehlo
7. “The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” Paolo Coehlo
8. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.” Paolo Coehlo
9. “Don’t allow your mind to tell your heart what to do. The mind gives up easily.” Paolo Coehlo
10. “The danger of an adventure is worth a thousand days of ease and comfort.” Paolo Coehlo
If you're feeling inspired and motivated by Paolo's quotes then you should check out our inspirational art which we guarantee will brighten up any wall of your home or office.